CHILD DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST – FULL-TIME & PART-TIME AVAILABLE
Seeking a passionate, energetic and patient individual to join the Friendly House team. Friendly House is a non-profit; mission based, multi-service organization providing programs to diverse populations. Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Child Development Specialist will be an assistant for a group of children, planning and implementing a curriculum that meets the needs of each child.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Utilize a program curriculum and prepare materials for projects that are appropriate to the ages of the children served, including activities designed to foster physical, language, social, emotional and creative development of each child.
2. Provide direct supervision and interaction for daily activities of the children including meals, snacks, recreation, free time, outdoor play, field trips and special activities.
3. All work shall be done in accordance with the guidelines of the State of Iowa, CACFP, QRS and all policies and procedures of Friendly House.
4. Observe children in their activities to better understand their strengths, special needs, personality and social interaction and to adjust the curriculum or schedule as needed. Provide open communication with all team members if individual child’s needs are not being adequately addressed.
5. Properly document all accidents, behavioral issues and incidents and report to the program supervisor.
6. Provide a clean, safe and developmentally appropriate environment for program participants.
7. Attend in-service training and staff meetings as required.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in Education, Early Childhood Development, Human Services or related field and one year experience in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Please send resume to Terry at email@example.com. If you have questions, please call him at 563.323.1821 ext. 13.